Back to More Recipes
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices (mix spices of your choice, such as mustard seeds, bay leaves, black pepper, coriander, chili, allspice, ginger, cinnamon, cloves)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup Bagrry’s Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or dates
- Tie the pickling spices in a piece of cheesecloth; set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a deep, non-reactive (stainless steel or enamel) saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until translucent.
- Add all other ingredients including the tied spices to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Taste and adjust by adding more sugar, salt, or vinegar as desired. Simmer, stirring frequently, for another 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, cool completely, and discard the pickling spices. Transfer chutney to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a month. Chutney can also be frozen.