Back to More Recipes
- ½ kilogram of peeled and sliced vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, radish, red onions, cauliflower, cabbage
- 2 clean glass or ceramic jars
- 1 cup Bagrry’s Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pack the vegetables into the jars as tightly as you can without smashing, leaving ½ inch of space at the top
- Make the brine. Place the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and mustard seeds in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Add the brine to the jars. Pour the brine over the vegetables, filling each jar to within 1/2 inch of the top. You might not use all the brine. Gently tap the jars against the counter a few times to remove all the air bubbles. Top off with more brine if needed.
- Tightly seal the jars. Let the jars cool to room temperature.
- Store the pickles in the refrigerator. The pickles will improve with flavor as they age — try to wait at least 24 hours before using.